paul hicks insurance services



contact us 01566 777710
property owners insurance farm insurance fleet and commecial vehicle insurance
commercial and business insurance tradesmen and constractors insurance buildings and contents insurance

Buildings & Contents

Your home is probably your biggest investment; therefore you want to make sure that both the buildings and its contents are fully insured.

There are two levels of cover available for both buildings and contents - Standard or Accidental Damage.


Buildings are normally defined as the main dwelling, any outbuildings, garages, drives, walks, sometimes swimming pools and tennis courts. Landlord's fixtures and fittings are also normally included along with underground services.


Contents are normally defined as household goods and personal effects, items of a valuable nature and domestic cash. These must belong to the policyholder or be legally their responsibility, perhaps under a rental agreement such as a rented TV.

Standard cover will normally include:

Fire, explosion, lightning, storm and flood, escape of water or oil, theft or attempted theft, subsidence, heave or landslip, riot and malicious damage, impact, falling trees, falling aerials are considered to be part of the contents.

Including Accidential Damage cover provides an even wider level of cover.

Personal Possessions/All Risks

All risks provides for accidental loss or damage to the item insured. Items likely to be insured are those which are regularly removed from the home, such as jewellery, photographic equipment, sporting equipment, sons or daughters possessions whilst at University or College, or other items of a valuable nature.

Policies can have either a list of specified individual items or a limit of say £2,000 for unspecified items, with a maximum of around £1,000 for any one item, these single item limits can be increased.

       Copyright 2013 Paul Hicks Insurance Services | Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Design by K | Scripting & Hosting by APB